Ante post betting is a kind of bet placed at least a day before the actual date of the event. It is usually done in horse races, but over the years it has crossed over to other types of sports as well. Among others, ante post betting football is steadily increasing in terms of followers year after year. If you fancy trying ante post betting football, here are some tips to get you started.
Tips You Need to Know about Ante Post Betting Football
- Know the teams – the standing, statistics, and information about each team and each player can be easily found on the internet. Read about them before you do any ante post betting football. The statistics will tell you about how the players and the teams are doing and the odds of them winning the game. If you’re a football fan, this won’t be a problem as you probably already know all there is to know about the team standings. But if you’re not a football fan, it might be a good idea to find out more about any team you want to bet on.
- Find a reliable bookmaker – make sure that the place that takes your bet is not some fly by night betting agency. There are several reliable places where you can put your ante post bet. Don’t go to shady places that promise bigger winnings. If you are still unsure, try to join different betting forums and ask other bettors where they place their bets. You can also ask them about their experience with specific betting agents so that you have an idea of what to expect.
New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5* or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Offer not available to those registering on 06/04/2019. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
Up to £100 in Bet Credits.
New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
Bet £10 Get £30 in free bets
18+, T & C's Apply, gambleaware.co.uk.
100% of your first deposit matched instantly up to €150
18+, T & C's Apply, gambleaware.co.uk.
Deposit €10 receive a Free €10 bet
- Follow the odds – there are several analysts who post their findings online about the odds of a particular team. Have a look at what they have to say and then make your own conclusion as to which team to pick.
- Read the News – any changes in the team that you are betting on will affect the outcome of the game. Follow your favourite team’s social media accounts so that you can be alerted to any changes in their lineup, strategy and plays. You should also watch out for injured players, up and coming players, players up for contract renewal and the like. These kinds of news mean that there could be changes in how the team will perform in their next game.
- Make sure that you know what you’re getting into – there are rules in ante post betting that are different from the rules of regular betting. Know the guidelines set by the betting agent before you place your bet. In the rules of ante post betting in horse racing, for example, if your horse does not race, your bet is considered a loss. Some football ante post bets follow this rule. Some just return your bet back to you if your team does not play.
Ante post betting in football can be exciting and rewarding as well. Make sure that you know the rules, teams and odds before placing your bet. Otherwise you could be throwing away money and losing even before the game starts.
Is the Thrill of Ante Post Betting worth the Risk?
New Customers; Min. deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Bonus amount is 50% of deposit up to £100; 6 x deposit and bonus turnover (min. odds 4/5 on singles and 2/5 per selection on acca bets), in 30 days, for bonus release; Some bet types don’t contribute to turnover; Withdrawal before turnover results in bonus cancellation; Terms apply, 18+
T & C Apply. 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days.
New Customers only. Minimum stake of £10 at odds of 2.0 or more req. Single real money bet only. Cashed out bets do not qualify. Free bet and free spins credited 24 hours after your first bet. Free bet minimum odds required are: 2.0 maximum odds 100. Free bet stake not returned with winnings. Full T&C's apply. 18 + only.
New UK & NI Customers. 18+. Offer not available to those registering on 06/04/2019. Stake from £5 to £25 on any Sportsbook market for the first time, at odds of evens (2.0) or greater and get a matched Free Bet within 24 hours of settlement, 7-day expiry. Stake £10 on any Totepool bet for the first time and receive £10 back in cash within 24 hours of settlement. E-Wallet and Prepaid Card restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Full T&Cs Apply.